Monday, March 22, 2010

Changin the tone!!!

So blogging never really took off for me....till now....



Considering it free therapy to write my thoughts to the world...in hopes that i feel better....and maybe it could do some good for another.



*Drumroll* Tone change: My mom has cancer!



Oooo yup i said it....now here's the issue, do you continue reading, or do ya hit the "back button"?



Basically i still have no idea how to feel...denial i suppose....numbness maybe....I'm distracting myself constructively, by pouring all my efforts and talents into fundraising and spreading awareness for pancreatic cancer through (here comes the shameless plug) @TDRFoundation on Twitter and http://www.dahliarepole.org/



No one likes to hear the word cancer.....describing the experience is almost similar to pulling my own teeth out, but I'll try :) (warning: if my cynicism bugs u, your on the wrong blog)



I have to admire and at the same time despise doctors who have to disclose diagnoses everyday...after awhile - i suppose you become cold and distant.....



Sitting beside my mom in the cold, stark office and hearing the words cancer - i looked to her to tell how I should respond.....dumbfounded doesn't explain it! I stared in her eyes which begun welling up with tears....... i have only seen her cry a handful of times....then she swallowed hard and started asking the "real questions" - "Ok lets get real Dr. ________ whats the timeline?"



WOW i was about to break inside and here she put me back together again with her realistic approach - i knew then how to take the news. Face it! Stare it down - make preparations and do what you can to kick the disease in the ass!!!



My mom is an amazing woman! No doubt there are so many others out there with similar stories to share.....tell me! Lets help each other!



So here i am....whistling in the dark....hoping, praying, loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment